Welcome

I'm a 46 year old stay at home mom who is married to the man of her dreams. We have 2 children, My Young Lady age 16 and My Little Man aged 9 along with 2 dogs. In February of 2012, I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I had a mastectomy of the right breast on March 14th. Praise God we found it early! I did not have to do chemo or radiation. I'm taking Tamoxifen for 5 years. My surgeon and oncologist are a wonderful team of doctors that are keeping a very close eye on me. I can now say I'm a 2 year breast cancer survivor. By the Grace of God I'm doing well.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I Got my Hair Washed!

Originally posted March 24, 2012.

It had been 10 days since I have been allowed to take a shower so I've not been able to wash my hair for 10 days! Let me tell you my hair was so greasy it felt like it was wet! it was itchy and I'm sure even smelly! I couldn't take it any longer so I had to get my hair washed some way some how! Since I felt pretty good Friday I decided that Saturday morning I would try to go and get my hair washed. I told my husband I wanted to try to ride in our new truck which isn't bumpy but it's higher up to get into to go get my hair washed and cut. I called and got an appointment at 2. The place we go to is an hour away from our house! lol I put on a tank top with another big shirt I bought for after surgery to wear when I go out. I used a pillow to hold my arm up on the side because the new truck is a F150 and is wider and your arm is far away from the door too. The new truck has heated seats and that felt so good on my back! lol We took the other way to town because that road isn't as bumpy but takes a little longer. I did fine.
I was scared that laying back to get my hair washed would hurt but it didn't! Yeah! It felt so good to get my hair washed! Then I let her cut 3 inches off. It feels so much better now.

We went to the pet store to get the girls their food. My husband went inside and got it while I stayed in the truck.

I even went to Kohl's because I had some Kohl's cash to spend that I got before my surgery and it expired today. I bought some more socks and new shorts for my 7 year old boy. He's good to go for the Summer!

After that we even ate out! I didn't want to over do it so we went home after that but that was a very long outing for me. All in all it was a great day today! We are watching dvd's this evening.


Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment