Welcome

I'm a 46 year old stay at home mom who is married to the man of her dreams. We have 2 children, My Young Lady age 16 and My Little Man aged 9 along with 2 dogs. In February of 2012, I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I had a mastectomy of the right breast on March 14th. Praise God we found it early! I did not have to do chemo or radiation. I'm taking Tamoxifen for 5 years. My surgeon and oncologist are a wonderful team of doctors that are keeping a very close eye on me. I can now say I'm a 2 year breast cancer survivor. By the Grace of God I'm doing well.

Friday, April 25, 2014

A few days later

Originally posted March 20, 2012.

I thought I would let everyone know that I am doing better than I had expected after having my surgery on Wednesday. I am going a little stir crazy because I can't lift over 5 pounds for awhile which means no laundry and no cooking for me. It's nice to have the break from those things but I hate it that my husband is having to do those things for me for awhile. I can't drive either but I have went on 2 little car rides which was a nice break from sitting in my lazy boy chair in the living room. I do sit on the front porch in my rocking chair when it isn't that hot outside.

With the temperatures being in the 80's this week I'm just sitting around enjoying the glorious sun that the Lord is giving me. I love beautiful sunny days like this and it is the perfect medicine for me to get better and heal from my surgery.

The drains are a little bit of a nuisance but they are still a must at this point. I may be getting them out later this week. It all depends on what my doctor says about the amount of fluid that is still coming out. Twice a day my husband drains and measures them and writes it all down on a chart they gave us at the hospital.

I'm still taking my pain medicine which I had hoped I wouldn't need any longer. Unfortunately, I do need it though so I'm still taking it. I do try to go a little longer before I take it in the day which isn't that easy to do. I can feel the nerve endings trying to reconnect which is to be expected. I can feel the stings and some slight muscle spasm type pain when it's time for my medicine. This morning I slept in and was an hour late with taking my medicine. It was very hard getting out of bed. I won't do that again! When I did get out of bed it felt like what it looks like it feels when they wax a mans chest and pull that tape off! Yikes did that hurt!

I'm still wearing the zip up the front robes I bought for the surgery. They are comfortable and easy to wear. I'm not supposed to reach my arm up for anything so wearing a real shirt is out of the question right now. Look for pictures of me to surface on the People of Walmart soon! lol I look real pretty and all wearing it along with my greasy hair since I can't shower until the drains come out! lol

My muscles are still a little sore even with the pain medicine I'm taking. I can feel my muscles moving under my arm as I type which is why I'm not commenting much at all or really even blogging like I'd like to. I need to take it easy on that arm since it is the one that my doctor took a lymph node from.

Angela

1 comment:

  1. They took one node out - and they found no cancer? And you didn't get that lipodemia? That was great. No shampoo. No washing hair or showers? Never even thought of that.

    You know that you have in the signature verification on?

    ReplyDelete