Welcome

I'm a 46 year old stay at home mom who is married to the man of her dreams. We have 2 children, My Young Lady age 16 and My Little Man aged 9 along with 2 dogs. In February of 2012, I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I had a mastectomy of the right breast on March 14th. Praise God we found it early! I did not have to do chemo or radiation. I'm taking Tamoxifen for 5 years. My surgeon and oncologist are a wonderful team of doctors that are keeping a very close eye on me. I can now say I'm a 2 year breast cancer survivor. By the Grace of God I'm doing well.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

I forgot to pack it!

 
We went on vacation in July and I forgot to pack the pink box that my prosthesis sleeps in at night when I'm not wearing it!  Yikes!  What is a girl to do?  Well, you improvise and do the best that you can do to try to keep your prosthesis form from looking odd from not being in it's pink box all night.  
 
 Here's what I did.  I left my prosthesis in my bra and I used a hanger to help hold it in shape while it hung in the closet overnight.  It worked out great! 

You can see how I hung it in the picture above.  I'm so glad that I was able to figure out something to do like that because I would have hated to walk around lopsided all week!  Hopefully I won't forget my little pink box the next time, but if I do I know what to do if I have that type of hanger around.

Angela

2 comments: